Last Updated: February 12th 2020
If you have concerns or questions about privacy and the use of any personal information you may have entered into our website, contact email@example.com and we will respond within 5 business days.
Collection of Information
Private Information we may have in our possession about you.
In order to provide the functionality to you which is the core purpose of you using this website, we may from time to time collect personal information about you.
This information could be:
Personal information that you specifically opt-in to enter, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number or other information provided to use our Solar calculator, Solar qualifier, Solar quiz or to request quotes from us.
If you choose to visit this site from a social media account, such as your Facebook, we could be given access to details of that social media account;
In order to provide you targeted location services we may use your IP address or details of the device, operating system or mobile network you are using to browse our site;
Pixels are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage, or collect information for analytics. These cookies and tracking pixels may be disabled in your browser. For information on this search “disabling cookies” in your browser help menu.
How we use information
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our services. Specifically, we may also use the information we collect to:
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, support, and administrative messages and to respond to any requests you may have;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, and events offered by Barrett Solar or our partner companies;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent information being entered in our site;
- Personalize services and information on pages of our website to suit your needs and location;
Carry-out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
How we share information
- We may share information we receive about you with our service providers who need access to such information to provide services to us on our behalf.
- We may share information (including your first name and, in some cases, your email address) from comments that you have posted on our website, forms you have filled out, and other submissions, with our business partners, who may use those submissions for analysis and marketing purposes.
- We may disclose information if we have a good faith belief that we are required to do so to comply with the law or legal processes, such as in response to subpoenas, courts orders, or requests by government authorities, law enforcement authorities, courts, or regulators, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We may also disclose information if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Barrett Solar or others.
- As we continue to develop our business, we may sell, buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses, or sell some or all of our assets. In such transactions, or during related negotiations, we may share user information.
- We may share information between and among Barrett Solar and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control or ownership.
We may share your information when we otherwise have your permission.
Links to other websites
Sharing your personal information with third parties
Your personal information will only be shared with third parties where you have requested us to do this or requested us to provide a service to you that requires us to do so (for example if you consent to submitting your information with one of our forms or solar tools and you fall outside of our service area we may share your information with a service provider in your area).
Advertising tracking pixels and other personal information we receive from third parties.
From time to time we pay to advertise the content and tools on Barrett Solar by way of advertisements on other websites such as Google Adwords, Google Display and Facebook advertising. These third party advertisers use tracking cookies and pixels and feedback information to us on your interaction with our advertisements on their platform. Such information does not identify you personally and you can prevent these third-party advertising platforms from tracking your interaction in accordance with the settings and privacy policies of those third-party platforms.
We do not on-sell marketing lists or other data containing your personal information to other third parties for any other reasons.
You can request review of your data and removal of your personal information. You can access the personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, erased at any time, and without cost. If you would like to do this please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies and Trackers
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies, although some Services may not function properly if you disable cookies. Also, this site uses Google Analytics. To opt-out of Google Analytics please visit www.google.com/settings/ads.
Promotional Communications by Email or Text Message You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from Barrett Solar or our partner companies by following the instructions in those emails or by contacting us. If you opt-out of a specific email list, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.